Friday, February 02, 2007

My Sister, My Friend

Last night I sat down to eat dinner with Katelund and Cloey (Cory had already left to go and play basketball at the church). After we prayed I just started eating away and then about a minute later I noticed that they really weren't eating and then Cloey started saying, "spoon please". I felt so bad, I had totally forgotten to get them silverware. I was telling them how sorry I was and Katelund said to me, "Don't be sorry Mommy, it's okay." How sweet is that!!!

Cloey is so funny. She dresses herself everyday (after I have already dressed her of course). She puts a shirt(s) and/or a skirt around her waist or her neck. It is so hilarious!!! She gets really upset if you try to take them off of her. I thought Katelund was bad about changing her outfit 3-4 times during the day, but I think Cloey just might top her, although I don't think either one of them will ever top me. :)

I am so thankful for the moments when Katelund and Cloey play together and get along. There is no greater joy to me than to see my two little girls laughing, hiding, giggling, and getting into trouble together. I am so thankful that Heavenly Father sent us to families where we could have sisters. I have so many fond memories of me and my own sisters. I love both of them very much.

I have really spent a lot of time lately thinking about Andrea. I have really been worrying and praying a lot for her this week. I know that she is going to be fine (especially now that I know all about the test she is taking and the possibilities for diagnosis; thanks to my wonderful neighbor Beth who is studying medicine), but I can't help but let my mind wonder off to the possibilities of the worst-case scenarios. I am not trying to be negative or come across as fearful, but I have just really been thinking about how much impact and influence Andrea has on me. I consider her one of my very best friends!!!! I don't think I can go a single day without talking and consulting with her about her opinion and/or advice for every single trivial matter in my life. She always has a way of putting things into perspective for me. She also has an amazing way of bringing me comfort and hope like nobody else can (besides Cory of course). I couldn't imagine my life without Andrea in it. I know that she is not going anywhere because her mission is far from over. She has so much to give to this world and to everybody around her. It is so funny how somebody who drove me the most crazy as a child could turn out to be the person who brings me so much joy and serenity as an adult. I love you Andrea with all of my heart!!!!! I know that everything is going to be just fine, but I also need you to know how truly amazing you are to me. Thank you for being such an incredible sister and friend!!!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

So, not so confident in your diagnosis that you can put it in writing, huh? :) That was very sweet. Thank you very much. I love you!

Katie Bear said...

I can't wait to see Katelund and Cloey again.

Blog Archive