Wednesday, December 03, 2008

What is wrong with me??

I have really been thinking lately about how amazing my friends are. They all seem to be very successful at their own little side jobs and very busy at continually improving and polishing up their talents. So what is wrong with me? Let me explain...

Andrea- own business--Extraordinary Moments, seamstress, PTO expert, creative genius
Katie- musician
Amber- Etsy shop and AMAZING crafter
Lindsey- Etsy shop and also an amazing crafter
Destineee- photographer
Rebecca- photographer and quilter
Melissa- scrapbooker and photographer
Jenae- amazing seamstress and can do anything and everything
Laura- seamstress and cook
Carrie- decorator and cook (she makes the best rolls EVER), PTO expert
Laura- organizer and crafter
Kim- crafter, organizer (she can do anything really)
Lisa- cook
Bonnie- seamstress and decorator
Austyn- marathon runner
Jenny- incredible writer
Emily- incredible writer and musician
Jenny- musician
Kristin- organizer, seamstress, and pretty darn close to perfect
Erin- author
Katherine- baker
Leslie- decorator
Brittney- own business and dancer
Sherrie- crafty, decorator, and amazing singer
Stefani- singer and dancer
Mandy-organizer and educator
Deon- baker
Deanna- educator
Stacy-organizer
Tricia- nurse
Jenna-teacher and dancer
Shanna-teacher and dancer
Ciera-musician and comedian (at least I think she should be)

REALLY??? Must I go on??? There are so many more of you that I could list. I can kindof do some of those things, but that is just me. I like to try a lot of things ...but really I'm never GREAT at any one thing. I'm not trying to complain and I'm NOT looking for anyone to praise me in their comment. I really am thankful for the gifts that the Lord has blessed me with, but sometimes it is easier to see other's gifts clearer than your own. I really just wanted to say how blessed I am to have such incredible friends who inspire me with their talents and ability to create. I AM SO AMAZED BY EACH OF YOU!!! I love you all.

15 comments:

Melissa said...

There is absolutley NOTHING wrong with you! :) How many of us would be able to handle what you have handled with the faith & courage & strength that you have managed to do, let alone, continue to raise our kids with their hearts in the right direction. I think we all admire you more than you will ever know. Love you, and thanks for your support. ;)

InkMom said...

My first impulse when I saw the title was to comment before I even read the post, because there is nothing wrong with you.

I have to say, though, that you are right about every person on the list (with one minor exception . . . you're really too kind). I know most of these women, and they are all extraordinary in so many varied ways. You should include yourself on the list!

Stefi Patterson said...

Melissa, thank you SO much for counting me among your friends. it made my day. I love you (and you have more talents than anyone! But I won't list them because you said not to!
)

Melissa said...

Melissa, I have no doubt that if anybody on my list (including you) had lost a child that they would respond with faith, hope, and courage. That is why you are all my friends b/c you all inspire me to be better.

Andrea said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Hope you have a great day!
I love you!

All Fun Family said...

Happy Birthday!!! Melissa, I know you didn't want "praise", but you amaze me! I am amazed by your dedication to running. I have tried so many times to get myself into running, or any regular exercise for that matter, but it never works. I'm amazed by your ability to befriend anyone and everyone. That is such a gift. I am amazed by your incredible testimony that you have always have and that you are always able to share. I'm amazed by how dedicated you are to your divine calling of motherhood and how good of a mother you are. I love you so much and I feel so blessed to call you my sister and friend!

Bonnie said...

I think we all can find great things about other people but never about ourselves. most of the time it is the little things that matter. You are a beauty in my eyes and my children. you were the best music leader, espically to chris. how many 13 yr olds will admit to loving to sing with their music leader. remember how you use to make him sing with you and he supposedly hated it? he still remembers.

Bonnie said...

oh yea! Happy Birthday. Irwins was the 2nd:)

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! Isn't it great to have a list of strong women that act as examples and mentors? Thanks for being one of my "virtual" examples!

Rebecca said...

What a sweet post. You must be one amazing woman to attract so many great friends. And Happy Birthday!

Jenny P. said...

I think it speaks volumes about you that on your birthday, when most take full advantage to think of themselves all day, you wrote a sweet post about all your friends. :)

I really DO wish we were neighbors. :)

AND, Happy Birthday!

Ciera said...

i think you're swell

Staceroo said...

I think that seeing the good in others and encouraging them to be their best is one of the very best talents to have - and you've got it girl!

MANDY said...

I love you! I can't believe you could find anything to say about me....I'm completely average when it comes to just about anything I do, but you are amazing!

erin sheely said...

You are such a sweetheart.

Blog Archive