Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I can't think of a title...

So...the ballet was AMAZING!!!  I want to be a ballerina more than ever.  There was a little slip in the program that was advertising ballet lessons and offering one free lesson.  I got so excited and told Cory that I was for sure going to use it...and then he pointed out to me that it was for children.  So not fair.   Anyways, it was so much fun to see the ballet and also to be on a date.  We got all dressed up and everything.  

Okay, so the book about raising independant children...I can't remember the actual title (I am not at home right now..out internet is not working), but I'll post it soon I promise.  The book is SO GOOD!!  And, it has really changed my perspective in a lot of ways.  The author's name is Merilee Boyton (I think that's her last name).  

Sunday was a crazy day.  When I was in ward council, the bishop let us all know that there were rumors that there was going to be protestors coming that day (b/c of the whole Proposition 8 thing...our city is very liberal...kinda like a mini San Francisco).  He gave us the action plan and everything just in case something happened.  Well fortunatley, no one came, but I seriously think it was b/c of the weather.  It was VERY cold and VERY windy (I don't think that was a coincidence).  Pretty crazy huh?  

8 comments:

Lew said...

The title is "Parenting Breakthrough". I'm so glad you liked the book, Melissa. I love it too and it completely changed my perspective as well.
Glad you had a great time at the ballet!!

MANDY said...

I'm gonna have to check that book out. Smart bishop, and how sad that there is all of this "stuff" going on. Brad's brother lives in CA and it has been pretty rough there, even within the wards at times. I'm glad no protesters showed up.

Amber said...

So glad you had fun at the ballet. Are there any pictures coming of you being dressed up on your date? I'd love to see.

I, too, am glad you didn't have any protestors. What a blessing to have the truth and the ability to stand up for it if the circumstances call for it.

All Fun Family said...

Sounds like you had a good time! I agree with Amber, you should definitely post pictures if you have some.

Unknown said...

That is so awesome you got to go to the ballet. I totally think you should show up for the free class. I'm sure they would make an exception! And Yay for dates! Ryan got that email about being prepared for protesters too. Very crazy. We didn't have any either but it was weird to even consider it.

Jenny P. said...

How fun to go to the ballet!! I'm glad you had fun. :)

I'll have to look in to the parenting book you mentioned.

And I can't believe there could be protesters so far from California. I don't understand all this LDS directed rage... seems totally unfair.

InkMom said...

I'm glad there weren't protesters for many reasons, but primarily because we have this retired military guy in our ward who I was worried might take somebody out if they showed up.

My Mom, on the other hand, was spoiling for a fight and kind of hoping someone would show up!

erin sheely said...

Hurray!! I'm so glad you got to go the ballet.

Blog Archive