Sunday, July 13, 2008

Gratitude

I just cannot even begin to thank everyone enough for all of the prayers and support that has been offered on behalf of me and my family. Tears of gratitude continue to flow as I feel so strengthened by the Lord each day, even each hour. I feel really confident that everything is going to be just fine. It has definitely been a scary experience, especially on Wednesday night when I saw the fear in Cory, the nurse, and the doctor as they did all they could to keep my bleeding under control. I hope that I never have to go through that again, but at the same time I was very humbled by how serious placenta previa can be.

On Friday, they finally allowed me to get up and use the bathroom, but apparently that was just too much because the bleeding started once again. They got it under control pretty quickly though with some staytol (sp?), a narcotic that just slows everything down. The contractions and bleeding subsided and I also got some much needed rest. :) After they did another ultrasound, my doctor said that it is a full previa, which means it is entirely covering the cervix. There is a small chance that it may move and I could go full term, but more than likely it will not and I will have to have a C-section. The doctor says that we are in "watchful waiting" and each day and week that we can keep Clairisa inside, is a major blessing. Our goal right now is 28 weeks, and then once we reach that we will shoot for 32 weeks. I'm hoping that I can be on bed rest at home soon, but I will do whatever it takes to keep this baby inside of me.

Except for being anxious to walk around, get out of this bed, and not use a bed pan!!!, I'm doing good, and sweet little Clairisa Kelly is doing wonderful (all though she kicks the monitors like crazy everytime they check her heartbeat) :) Cory is being so AMAZING and I couldn't ask for better nurses!!! They are all so sweet! I only wish that I could run home and make them some cookies or something to thank them for all that they are doing for me.


Once again, thank you so much for all of your love and prayers. Yesterday as I said my prayers I felt such an overwhelming calmness and peace. It was an incredible experience and I only wish I could put it into words so that each of you could feel what I felt. I love the Lord so much and I know that he is very aware of each one of us and that he knows exactly what we need and when we need it. In fact, Cory and I were witness to that very thing on Thursday when I told Cory to leave the hospital and go to an appointment that I'd made earlier in the week to go and see a town home that was for rent. Although he hesitated to leave me, I told him to go because I just felt like it was going to be our new home. Sure enough, the deal is done and it is ours. It is a beautiful brand new 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath townhome that is 1750 square feet. Our move in date is August 28th. Not only is it beautiful and perfect, but it also puts Katelund into my top choice of elementary schools in this area. Again, I couldn't feel enough gratitude to the Lord for such a tender mercy!!!

I love you all and I'll continue to keep you updated,
Melissa

10 comments:

Lena said...

Melissa- I'm glad you have a computer to give you a little bit of distraction. You are probably working harder than ever now even though it is probably driving you nuts to stay in bed. We'll keep praying that you get to go home and rest soon and that Clairisa (BEAUTIFUL!) will stay put for a while.

Amber said...

Of course, as you know, we pray for all of you CONSTANTLY!! We love you so much and we too, know that the Lord is ever-mindful of you and little Clairisa. (Love the name by the way :) especially the middle-name) I've been trying hard not to call you but I do call my mom like 5 times a day to check on you. Love you...rest well.

Jamie said...

I knew you wouldn't stand me up on purpose Monday (even though I know the dentist office isn't your fav place I know you LOVE me...tee hee..), when Laura told me Thursday that you were in the hospital I have constantly had you in my thoughts and prayers... I will talk to you soon....Jamie

Rebecca said...

We will definitely keep you in our prayers! Oh Melissa, we are thinking of you, Cory, and your girls (all three of them!)

Lisa said...

what a beautiful name! i am so happy that things are looking up. don't worry a c-section isn't really that bad. just get some info. when i had mine i didn't pay any attention to the c-section part of class or books that i read so i was pretty naive of the whole process. just prepare yourself now and it won't be so scary while it happens. i wish you and your family the very best right now and that your move will be quick and easy. take care and know that we all love you so much.

Unknown said...

Hey Melissa- I am just amazed at your strength! You are an incredible example of faith! I'm so glad you guys found a place to live. I'm sure that is a huge relief! We'll continue to pray for you all as well. Love ya-Dest

Melissa said...

I'm so glad you are doing better, and that you found a place to live! When my sister-in-law was in the hospital with her little baby boy (at I think 25 weeks along) she recieved many blessings and prayers. So many times she had doctors and nurses asking her how she was able to have so much faith, and how she was handling things so well, and she was able to share the gospel with them. You have such a strong testimony, that I'm sure those Doctors and nurses are watching you, and learning from you... and it's probably helping them in their own lives. Keep resting, and stay at peace! love ya!

Deana said...

Melissa we are thinking of you and your family. Both are in our prayers.Heavenly Father will watch over you. He loves you so much. Hopefully you will be able to return home soon. I'm glad you found somewhere to live.What a blessing. Take care.

MANDY said...

Just returned from a trip, so i'm catching up and it was so good to read the posts from you and Cory. it's amazing how connected we can feel to you just be reading your words and the thoughts you've shared. love you and we're praying for you. we'll call cory to check in. i was worried about your house situation, too, and thought about doing some online searches for you, and i'm so glad that the Lord provided that inspiration that led you and cory to your new place!! sounds wonderful!! keep being amazing.

Lew said...

Hey Melissa,
I'm finally back in town and ready to take those sweet girls for you so you can get some rest. Are you at home now? I'm able and willing whenever you need me! You are amazing and are in my prayers!!
Love, Leslie

Blog Archive