Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Catch-up

I feel like I am playing catch-up so much lately on here, so sorry. After we got back from the cruise I thought that things were going to slow down and that life would get back to normal, but that has just not been the case. I got a new church calling that has brought a lot of anxiety and humility. It has also brought with it a huge "to do" list everyday. I have also been having some more pregnancy complications and as of today I am on "modified bed rest". I'm not sure what modified means but I have spent the afternoon in my bed while my girls have made their own lunches, cleaned their bathroom, and destroyed every other room. :) I have been frantically searching online for somewhere to live (kindof a necessity right now considering the fact that our lease is up on our condo on August 1st). We debated back and forth about whether we should buy or rent but it just seems so silly to buy when we may only be here for another year and then with the economy the way it is I have a feeling that selling a home in a year would not be the greatest experience.

I'll have to post pics later of our 4th of July weekend (if I get up out of my bed I think my mom, dad, Cory, and in-laws would kill me) . We had such a GREAT weekend! We spent it with our good friends from Fayetteville who now live in Chattanooga, Tennessee. We left Thursday morning and got home Saturday night. We watched some incredible fireworks, rode around on their families' boat while the kids, cousins, and Cory played around on the tube, water skis, etc, played in the pool, caught some catfish in their neighborhood pond, and had some YUMMY 4th of July picnics/BBQs with their family and friends. I couldn't really do a lot of the fun stuff but it was great just watching everyone else have so much fun. We love the Ward family so much and it was so great to see where they live and see how big their kids are getting. They have five children, the oldest is 12. Jim and Celeste are older than we are, but we just really connected with them in Fayetteville and Cory and I not only consider them good friends but also great examples and role models of the type of parents that we want to be. It is so great to have friends like that. Ones who have been there done that and can help you see the bigger picture.

9 comments:

All Fun Family said...

Sounds like a fun 4th of July! Good luck with finding a new place to live (don't buy. according to the one day of Jason's Accounting class I went to , it wouldn't be worth it unless you knew you'd be there for like 4 or more years). Take it easy! Love you!

Melissa said...

Are you still in Y.W.? What's your new calling? Did your girls clean up their lunch? :) I'm sure they're keeping everything clean... :) In our ward, Brian and I are the youngest, and I LOVE it! There are so many people in our ward that we love and look up to, and it is so nice learning from them. I'm glad you have such good friends, and it's even nicer when their kids entertain your kids huh! :) Take good care of yourself... love ya!

Lew said...

Oh no! I can't imagine bedrest with two little ones. What can I do for you?? I am here if you need me to take your girls. If we go to the park this week I will give you a call to see if we can get them (I don't know how much we will make it out of the house this week b/c we are leaving for CA on Sat.). Will you email me your # at lew1019@gmail.com?
I'll be thinking of you!!
Leslie

Sherrie said...

Melissa,
Though we talk almost everyday, I still love to read your blog. While it is true that I would love to see pictures you are very wise in knowing what is more important, staying in bed!
Love yew:)!
Mom by the beach

Amber said...

Heard about the new calling, not surprised...you'll be amazing. I've been meaning to call you with a YW in Excellence idea. Maybe today. I'm sorry you're in bed. We've been keeping "Aunt Melissa and the baby in her belly" in our prayers. I wish I could fly out there and take care of you myself. I love you!

Andrea said...

That's right... you stay in bed! Love ya... and thinking about you a lot. We just need those people who live near you to step up and do what all of us (who live so far away) would like to do. You do so much for so many people. Now it it your turn to let people help you.

Lisa said...

oh i so wish you didn't so far away. i would take those girls for a fun day and then clean your house myself. funny how i'd be willing to do that for you but am just too tired to get around to doing that for me. oh well :) i'm glad to hear that you are ok but sad to hear about complications. it's always so scary. but take care of yourself and know that we all love you

MANDY said...

wish i was nearby.....do stay in bed...the Lord will provide a way for you to do everything that is absolutely needful, but i know it must be hard to let the other stuff go. praying for ya. love ya.

Deana said...

I sure do miss the Ward Family. Every now and them I talk to Celeste. I'm glad that you guys connected. I hope you will try and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. Take it easy and remember to rely on others to help and serve you.

Blog Archive