Friday, February 15, 2008

Feeling the Love

This year for Valentine's Day, the girls and I gave Cory's office a "heart attack" while he was out for lunch (well he was supposed to be at lunch, but he was back when we got there so we had to send him out into the hall) I had cut out about 25 red paper hearts. We took about 14 of them and wrote reasons why we love Daddy. Then on the other hearts, I let the girls decorate them with glitter. We taped the hearts up all over the room and then on the door we put a big heart that said, "Why do we love you? Let us count the reasons..." It was so fun!!! I wish I could've taken a picture, but of course I forgot my camera.

Afterwards, I let the girls play in the food court at the mall to let out some energy. While Cloey is content playing by herself, Katelund, on the other hand, LOVES to play with the other kids that are there. She always ends up with a big group of friends that run around together. Well this time there were only 3 other boys there and they were not giving her the time of day. They just kept running aways from her. So she came up to me with the saddest little face and said, "Mommy, today is Valentine's Day and nobody is showing any love to me." It was so funny, sad, and adorable all at the same time. So I made sure that the rest of the day she felt lots of love!! :)

4 comments:

Beth said...

You always come up with the cutest ideas! I bet Corey loved it.

Lisa said...

cute! what a cute idea. i remember doing those heart attacks at church. so fun!

Amber said...

how sweet.

Katie Bear said...

aww, that's cute.

Blog Archive