Monday, February 25, 2008

Trip to Fayetteville

This last week the girls and I went to Fayetteville. Amber, Stefani, and Sherrie went to New York City to celebrate Stefani's graduation from high school (she's going to the Y in April) and Amber's official graduation from BYU (she had to finish up some online credits). I got to stay and babysit my sweet little neice Brooklynn. Not only is she sweet, but also an absolute angel...seriously!!! The three girls had SO MUCH FUN playing together. They just ran around giggling like crazy. We had a great time watching Dora, playing dress-up, making and eating peanut butter play dough, coloring the driveway with sidewalk chalk, having pillow fights with Grandpa, swimming in the bathtub, etc...

The best part of the trip for me was when the girls (the big girls) all came home. Stefani had to go back to work and Grandma was just in heaven with all her grandaughters and so Amber and I got to spend an entire day shopping!!! WITHOUT KIDS!!! It was so much fun!!! We spent about 3 hours in A.C. Moore looking at and buying scrapbook stuff. In fact, it took about 20 minutes just to ring up all of our stuff. Okay, maybe about 5 minutes for me and 15 for Amber. :) Then we went to the mall to see Stefani working at the Buckle and buy some clothes, then we ate lunch/dinner at Red Robin , and then finished our shopping day/night at Target. We had such a great time. How lucky I am to have my childhood best friend as my sister!!

Here are some pictures of the trip. I don't know how I forgot to take pictures of anybody but the kids, I guess that is just part of being a mom . :)I can't believe that I didn't get any pictures of the girls with Grandma. Although, this picture is a pretty close replica of what Grandma spends a lot of time doing (wearing reading glasses because she loves to learn and read, talking on the phone--either to her kids or the sisters in the ward since she's relief society president, and playing the piano)
Grandpa and his grandaughters had the time of their lives playing and tickling each other.
Those are some pretty cute little girls!!!!
Before we went on our walk, the girls all had to climb inside the jeep and pretend like they were going on a drive. Each of them was singing their own song. It was hilarious...and a little bit weird because it brought back a lot of memories of Amber and I riding around town (specifically to the mall) in that very same jeep.
Amber and I couldn't resist buying them some matching shirts. Isn't that just a requirement??!

6 comments:

Amber said...

Thanks again soooo much. You are such a wonderful aunt and friend. Brooklynn has been talking about you and the girls ever since we left. You are so selfless and such a wonderful example to me. I had the best time shopping with you. Thanks for such a wonderful time!!

p.s. I need to get all the pictures you got of the girls!

Lisa said...

congrats to amber! it sounds like you had a wonderful time too. i wish my sisters would hurry up and get married and get some kids, i cant wait to be an aunt! sounds like you had a blast you lucky girl.

Lisa said...

i had read this post earlier this morning and i have had sister mann in my thoughts all day. she really means a lot to me. i don't know if she knows or ever knew that she helped me out through one of the hardest times in my life. it brings me to tears just thinking about it now. i was 13 and i think she was the ym pres at the time. anyways i have had her on my mind today and was wondering if you could just let her know that i love her for what she did for me and always will. the sisters in her ward are lucky to have such a wonderful woman like her as their rs pres. thanks!

Sherrie said...

Meliisa,
Thanks for helping to re-live some of the most precious moments of my life. I love you so much and your wonderful daughters are an extention of that love. Life just dosen't get any better than this.
Mom by the beach

Andrea said...

I'm a little jealous of your shopping day... but I'm glad you had fun! :)

MANDY said...

Sounds wonderful! The shirts are adorable. I can't believe they're all old enough to be talking, singing, and playing so well together. Time flies.

Blog Archive