Saturday, December 15, 2007

My Weekend Alone...

On Thursday night, Cory drove the girls to Fayetteville, to visit Grandma and Grandpa. Cory went hunting with his Dad and spent time with his brother, Logan, who was visiting for the weekend also. Unfortunately, I was not able to go because I had committed months ago to be a running buddy for a Winter Wonderland Girls on the Run 5k. It is a club that you can join here in Western North Carolina while you are in Elementary and Middle School. They meet once a week after school for 16 weeks. For the first 30 minutes they teach the girls about eating healthy, exercising, and having a good attitude about their body image. The last 30 minutes they spend running in order to prepare for the big 5k race at the end of the semester. Each of the girls had to choose a running buddy to run with at the race. I am such a HUGE supporter of this program!!! I had so much fun with it!! I couldn't believe it when I got there because there was over 600 girls, their families to cheer them, and all of the running buddies. It was a really big deal! Olivia, the girl that I ran with, did such an incredible job!!! The course was not easy, but she stuck it out and we ended up finishing in about 45 minutes. I was SO PROUD of her!! I am wearing a tiara in this picture because each of the running buddies had to decorate one and wear it during the race. I wrote "Go Olivia" on mine. It was SOOO cold, it was 38 degrees, windy, and drizzling rain, but it was SO FUN!!

I have really enjoyed my time alone. I have spent a lot of time in my robe, eating chocolate, reading the last book in the Twilight series (SOOOO... GOOD), and making some Christmas presents for my nieces and nephews. I have totally boycotted cooking simply because I don't have to! :) I have lived off of cereal, fruit, and chocolate. I also went to two Christmas parties. I went to one on Friday night and as everybody left, the hostess gave us all the cutest little gifts (look at the picture above). All wrapped up cutely in a bag was a real mistletoe, candy cane flavored kisses, and a little note thanking me for coming and wishing our family a Christmas filled with lots of kisses. How cute is that??!!?? I LOVED IT!! It's been a great weekend, but I am done living the single life, I'm ready for my family to come back home!!

4 comments:

Amber said...

sounds like so much fun!! that is really sweet of you to support her and cheer her on. what a wonderful experience.

I KNEW you would LOVE Twilight!! Isn't is great. Do you dream about Edward yet?? I am so mad the 4th book doesn't come out until next fall. Love ya!!

P.S. You are brave, I HATE staying alone at my house. I'm such a baby.

Nicole said...

How fun! You are so thoughtful. She will always remember you and the time you spent on her. Sounds like you had just as much fun.

Andrea said...

What an amazing program! Seriously. I'm glad you had such a good time and enjoyed your weekend alone!

Lisa said...

wow! i am jealous. i have had lots of days and nights "alone" with only Melissa but i dont think i've ever truely been alone alone. oh the things that i would do...;) sounds like you had a great time.

Blog Archive