Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Our Savior's Love

Yesterday my visiting teaching partner and I had all of the sisters that we visit teach over to my house. I had made neck warmers for each of them, so we heated them up put them around their necks and read the Forgotten Carols to them (along with the music from the CD). While they listened and relaxed, my partner served them cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate while I read. And then while she read, I gave each of them a manicure or pedicure. It was so much fun!!! They loved it but I think that I love it even more. One of the sisters had never had a manicure in her life. I gave her the best one I could possibly do. It is amazing how when you serve people you start to feel such an incredible overwhelming amount of love for them!!!! I am so thankful for the Relief Society organization that provides and encourages service to other sisters. I am very lucky that two of the sisters that I visit teach, I am also very good friends with, one of them is Austyn, my running partner. Yesterday as we were running, we were discussing how so many times we tend to look at the blessings from the Lord coming in financial ways, but probably someday when we look back retrospectively we will see so many other blessings that came through good health, wonderful friends, safety, etc... I know that one of the blessings from the Lord that I have received is the ability to feel the Savior's love for others, and as I feel that, I find it very easy to love them and want to serve them. I think that blessing is probably a natural gift in most women, but I am so thankful for it, because it helps me to better understand the atonement, the great need for charity, and the magnitude and significance of our Savior's love.

2 comments:

Zach said...

Hi! I don't know you at all, but occasionally I hit the "Next blog" link at the top of the page just to see what person's random life I can jump into. I'm glad to ahve found yours as my first "next blog" of the day. Your post about your VT families is awesome. Gave me some perspective as to what I need to do as a home teacher! It's always awesome to plop onto the blog of a member of the church, especially one as overt about it as yourself! (Some members hardly ever mention it in their blogs...)

Anyway, just saying hi, and hoping it's alright if I occasionally pop in. By the way, you're welcome to read my family's blog as well!

Andrea said...

I do not think that is a "natural gift in most women." And even in some who can have it - it does not come as easily as it does to you. That is definately one of the spiritual gifts you have. An ability to instantly love everyone around you.

Blog Archive