Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas


We had such a wonderful Christmas. On Friday morning, the Prasse family (our good friends from Fayetteville) came to visit us. They stayed all day Friday, spent the night, hung out at the mall with us on Saturday and then left at about 3 p.m. We had so much fun with them. Friday day we spent all day catching up. Deborah, me , and Gabby (their 9 yr. old daughter) went shopping, the boys (I mean men) stayed home and watched Katelund and James (we have decided that we are going to prearrange Katelund and James' wedding) while they played X-box and watched Jimmy' special ops training movie of his tazing experience (he had to get tazed and taze others in order to be certified). Then that evening we got a babysitter for the kids and took them out Friday night to our favorite restaurant here in Fayetteville, Flat Rock. Saturday morning, we go up early and went to the mall. Cory had to be there to help solve problems if they arose, so he walked around with his walkie-talkie and got us all free massages, discounts, and hook-ups on free car strollers for the kids. We also fulfilled Katelund's Christmas wish, to get her ears pierced. We were so sad when we had to say good-bye. We love and miss the Prasses SOOOO much!!!!

On Christmas Eve, we only had sacrament meeting. There were some great speakers and then some musical numbers. I actually had a part in each one because I was in the the "ward chamber" (it is a group of 8 of us that the bishop calls the ward chamber choir). I felt so lucky to be part of it because they are all AMAZING singers and the songs sounded GREAT!!! I only wish Gladdis (sp?) Knight had been there to hear it (I guess she didn't come here for Christmas this year). Anyways, then I led the primary in 2 Christmas songs.

After church, we went and had dinner at the Curriden's house. Afterwards, all the kids (and both sets of missionaries) acted out the nativity and then we all went caroling around the neighborhood. We had a great time!!! The Curriden kids LOVE Cory and were constantly wanting him to play with them. Katelund and Cloey followed their dog around the house all night and I just loved spending Christmas Eve with some of our ward family.

Christmas day was wonderful but it was a little bit lonesome. I loved being with my family but I really missed having a lot of people around. I spent the evening giving Cory his Christmas gift, the best body massage ever and an incredible pedicure. He loved it!!!! As I was talking to Cory during his massage, I told him how sad I am that the Christmas season is over. But then he so sweetly reminded me that the Christmas season is all about the spirit of Christ and that is something that should be with us all year long.

If you look closely in the picture below of Katelund, you can kindof see her new earings. They are little gold studs. She LOVES them!!! She tells me that she feels like a princess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(This anonymos is from stef!!!) first off- katelunds ears are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooocute and she looks so old! and her hair is getting so long! 2nd- my little noel has a head of hair her self that is SOOOOO blasted cute!!!! I miss them sooo much i cant even begin to explain it! 3rd- i miss you soo much! christmas wasnt the same without ya'll but i got my digital camera so i can send you pictures of everything! 4th and final- in your description with the prasse's you talked about flat rock (cool) but that is not a resteraunt in fayetteville! and you stated that it was. I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'll call you later!

Blog Archive