Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My Katelund

My little Katelund has turned into my clean-up machine. She is constantly going around and cleaning each room when it gets messy. She went and cleaned her room the other day and it looked better than it did since we've lived here. I couldn't believe how organized and neat she had everything. She has got quite a talent and I am LOVING it!!!

Katelund has also started a new thing. I have been trying to teach her about choosing the right and doing what Jesus wants her to do. When she is in trouble I will ask her if that is what Jesus would want her to do. She has responded really well to it. Well on Sunday she told me that she didn't have to go to bed because Jesus said "no" and she has also been telling me that she can eat this or do that because Jesus says "yes". It is so funny!!! What do you say in response to something as cute as that?

She also has been talking non-stop about her birthday party coming up. She is consistanly telling me how she is going to have a birthday cake and birthday party and her friends are coming and she is going to get a watch and earrings (she wants her ears pierced, well at least she thinks she does). I told Cory that I can't wait for this party to come because it is all she talks about. She got a birthday card in the mail from Grandma Black and she carries it around with her everywhere!!! It is her "special birthday present"(it has a picture of a present on it). She also was using it last night when we were reading our scriptures, she said it was her "scripture power"(we sing the song "Scripture Power" alot, so she now thinks that scripture power is the name of the scriptures) and it was her turn to read. So we let her and she told about a 2 minute story about Jesus telling us to go to church and be nice, etc... It was adorable!!!

I LOVE my Katelund!!!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Those are great stories. When it comes to cleaning and organizing, I think you either have it naturally or you don't. Abby doesn't. That's cool that Katelund does.

I can't wait to see pictures of this big birthday bash you're having!

Katie Bear said...

aww, that's so sweet! I'm really glad you share all of these cute stories with us! Then at least I have a glimpse into her life! and yes, you should post some pictures from the party on here.

becky said...

Katelund is sure growing up. It's so nice when you have a child that is a cleaner upper. When you guys were growing up it was Andrea that was the neat freak and Melissa that was not so much. Katie can kind of scatter her stuff all over the house and it isn't too noticeable because she has a bigger area to scatter it than you guys did. It's so fun that Katlund is looking forward to her party and is understanding that it's for her birthday and it is fun and something to look forward to. I can't wait to see her again.

Katie Bear said...

you need to update!

Katie Bear said...

you need to update melissa!

Blog Archive