Thursday, August 03, 2006

Fiesta with Dora

This morning I took Katelund to go see "Hoodwinked" at the theater. It is a summer special show where they only charge $1. It was a lot of fun because Katelund got to watch the movie with her friends Bethany and Emma. They loved sitting there eating their popcorn and making comments about how funny the movie was. Afterwards, Katelund threw the tantrum of her 2 year old life as she had to say goodbye to her friends. It was not fun. She was screaming the whole way home as she was persistently trying to get out of her carseat straps. It put me in a not very good mood. She did not have a good afternoon, which means that I didn't either. I was not very happy and I knew that I needed to change my attitude, so I got down on my knees and prayed for a change of heart. I got up read some of my "Come Unto Christ" book and then I asked Katelund if she wanted to go to the store to get invitations to her birthday party next week. She had a change of attitude that very second. She was so excited to get invitation cards for her party. We went to Walmart and as I was searching for some kind of beach party card, something caught Katelund's eye, it was the Dora the Explorer cards, plates, cups, napkins, etc... She got SOOOO excited. I did not want to have Dora the Explorer as the theme, but as I was about to explain why she was not going to get those cards, I was instantly humbled as the Holy Ghost reminded me that it was HER birthday not mine. So I broke down and got the whole shabang. A girl in love with Dora is only 3 once!!! So next Thursday we are having a beach party/fiesta with Dora.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Did you take Cloey to the movie? How'd she do? I thought the plan all along was to do a Dora party. It sounds cute, though - a swim fiesta with Dora.

Katie Bear said...

I want to go!

Blog Archive