Sunday, August 06, 2006

I'll Never Stand Alone

Today was obviously a pretty hard day considering the fact that I am leaving about 60 of my own children (I feel like they are my children just like Helaman said he felt like the Stripling Warriors were his sons) and since I am leaving one of the best wards I have ever been a member of. One of the greatest things about the Hope Mills IInd ward is the love that the members have for one another. They are all so supportive and so humble. There really is not a lot of wealth in the ward. Most of the members are military and have sufficient for their neeeds, which makes for a really humble, loving, and giving group of sisters and brothers. I will never forget the examples and the strength of the members in this ward. I love them so much and although I may not see them again in this life (the military moves them every couple of years), I know that one day I will see them in our Father's kindgom. In closing exercises, I had the senior primary sing "A Child's Prayer" (they are incredible at this song!!!!) for the practice song. They stood on the stage and I went and sat down on the front pew in the chapel. As they sang, I felt as if I were in the presence of angels. Obviously I cried, and as I looked into each of their faces, I felt such a deep love for each one of them and I know that they will all become incredible missionaries, mothers, fathers, and church leaders. And hopefully in some way the primary songs and the testimony that I have born to them over and over again will have impacted them in some way, and hopefully they always be singing praises to their Savior. I love being a music leader!!!! It is the greatest calling on earth!!!!

I also completed my goal today of finishing the Book of Mormon. It took me 10 months to finish it this time, not the best but at least it was less than a year. I love this book so......much!!!! I couldn't imagine my life without it. Each day it gives me the strength and desire to put on my armor and fight my daily battles in overcoming temptations. I know with all of my heart and soul that this book is absolutely 100% true and was written for our day. I have come closer to my Savior through reading the Book of Mormon than I ever thought was possible. I cannot wait for the day when I can stand before Alma, Ammon, Nephi, Abinidi, Captain Moroni, the Stripling Warriors, the anti-Nephi-Lehis, Helaman, Moroni, and above all---Mormon. I love Mormon so much!!! His writtings touch my heart and capture me in a way that I cannot describe. I always know when he is abridging or putting in his input because I feel like I can feel his spirit. I know that sounds really wierd, but it is really hard to explain. I just love this book so VERY much!!!! How could anyone ever doubt its validity? As I finished the last chapter in Moroni, I laid the book on my chest and I closed my eyes and began to feel the tears well up inside. I had such an overwhelming feeling within me of the spirit testifying to me that the book that I just read is not only true but there were so many who sacrificed to make sure that we could read it today. One of my favorite songs is "I'll Never Stand Alone" from the Cumorah's Hill program. My favorite line says, " I stand with Nephi and Moroni, and Abinidi who testified in flames, I'll never stand alone." I feel the same way. How easy we have it today. I may never have to stand before someone like King Noah, but at times in my life I know that I will and have had to stand up for what I believe and it may be hard, but I know that I will never be standing alone, and that if the need may be, I too will testify in flames.

1 comment:

Katie Bear said...

What a wonderful testimony of the Book of Mormon, thanks for sharing that. You've got me all excited to dig back into the Book of Mormon. I've been trying to read as much of the conference ensign lately that I've kind of neglected to read the Book of Mormon. I'll have to find a happy medium. Anyways, thanks for your comment. It's nice to know someone else felt those frustrations as well.

Blog Archive