Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I Love to See The Temple

I love to see the temple, I went in side last night. I felt the Holy Spirit, I listened and I prayed. That is my new version to the song. What an incredible night I had last night. I LOVE going to the temple so much!!! I learned so many new things last night. It just amazes me how each time I go I learn something new, it never fails. The Lord really blessed us because Cory got off work a little late so I didn't think we'd make it because Cory's parents were driving and they told us they'd wait as long as they could. We just barely made it and then we were worried that we wouldn't make it in time for the session, but we did.

Katelund did not want us to leave. She kept saying, "Mommy, don't leave me, I want to go to the temple too." I kept telling her that in 9 yrs she could go with us, but for some reason that didn't pacify her. :) I cannot wait (well actually I can cause I don't want her growing up too quickly) for the day that I can see my own daughter experience the temple. That must be the ultimate life experience, seeing your children go through the temple and being all together as a family in the celestial room. What a day that will be!!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

That reminds me of something Nancy said recently. She was talking about how difficult it is to be a parent - having to be the wicked witch of the west sometimes, etc. But she said before you know it, you will be sitting in the temple next to that stubborn, independent child and you will think... We did it. And it will all be worth it.

Nicole said...

I love that. I used to tell my mom over and over that it was not fair that I couldn't go to the temple with them. I wanted to go so bad. You reminded me of that feeling.( I was in high school.) Now I've been and don't have to want to go.

Sheri Kay said...

Hi Melissa,
You are such a cute mom! I hope that you will invite Richard and I to Katelund's wedding day :-) I just started a Blog, so that I can keep in better touch with my darling nieces and their even darlinger kids!

Love you,
Sheri

Blog Archive