Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Adapting to Dallas

I actually have a lot to say about this subject but I'll just keep it simple for now because I need to feed my "starving" children.

We really stand out like a sore thumb in the temporary housing we are living in for the month of April (we can't move into our house until May). I think we are the only family living here (the rest are young recently graduated and very schwanky (aka hip). We are a big family of six with young crying kids, a minivan, and come from Tennessee. :) My children sing and stomp on the balcony of our third story apartment and we have a baby that cries off and on all through the night. Yesterday, I took the girls on a walk around the surrounding area. Cloey was freaking out about the nice cars....especially the red corvette. We got some strange looks as they watched Cloey begging for a picture with the car. Yes, we are total country folk... and quite happy about that I might add. The big city life is just not my thing, too much vanity, materialism, etc.

On to another subject...

The marathon is only 25 days away!!! Crazy, right?! Since I've heard that the course is quite hilly, I really need to focus some training on hills. But how do you do that in such a flat city? I figured it out on my run last night...parking garages. They are all over around here and they go up about five or six levels. I have found some Texas mountains. :)

4 comments:

The Griner said...

Way to go finding your "hills." Cracks me up. 25 days and counting......

All Fun Family said...

Haha, parking garages--what a great idea! I love that picture of Cloey. You're making me wish we weren't stuck in Dallas for a whole year...Although I hear good things about the Village from cute little families, so hopefully it won't be quite as schwanky as your downtown dwelling.

Steph and Troy said...

You are hard core! I love it!!

MANDY said...

I love that picture of Cloey!

Blog Archive