Monday, December 14, 2009

The First Step: Admitting there is a problem...

Lately I have been wondering what is wrong with me. I am just not myself. I have been getting irritated with people so easily lately and I just have not had a whole lot of patience. As I was totally ranting to my mother-in-law this morning, she so sweetly told me that she knew what was wrong with me....it is my totally crazy pregnant hormones. Seriously, they have taken over and it is not a good thing. I feel so bad for everyone around me. Every time I go outside and hear my neighbor's dogs barking, I get completely annoyed (four Doberman Pinschers who I am about to take down in a fist fight). When my children start fighting, I want to scream. When I get handed one more task to complete or assignment to fulfill, I want to burst out in tears. Whenever I even think about all of the things that I need to get done before Christmas, I just want to crawl into my bed and never come out. And, every time I hear someone tell me how big my stomach is getting I want to rip their heads off. I bet you are really glad that you don't live near me, huh? :) And if you do, I'm so sorry. Please just know that my hormones have completely taken over my body and I really don't mean what I say. I really do love dogs (okay, maybe that is going a little far), I like to think that I am a pretty patient person (most of the time), and I truly am very happy and grateful that my baby is growing and healthy, please just don't remind me about how big I am getting....trust me....I already know. Anyways, I am hoping that by admitting that I have a problem and praying for help, that I will be able to control this crazy lady that has somehow taken over.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I hate to admit it, but that crazy lady comes back again, 5 days after you have had the baby. I have kept asking myself today, "What is wrong with me? I wish I could snap out of it" Today I went to take Morgan to school while my mom watched the kids. After returning home I saw my neighbor outside. She asked, "Can I take Morgan to school this week?" The crazy lady that has taken over my body started crying out in the snow & without any control. I'm sure my neighbor thought something was definatly wrong with me. :) Oh the joys of motherhood huh. But don't worry, at the end of the day when you hold the sweet little baby & cuddle with them, it is all worth it. love ya!

Carrie said...

I have the same problem! Only I have had it for about 4 1/2 years and during none of that time was I pregnant or recently pregnant...It really is still hormones though. Curse our seriously wacky hormones! I am seriously considering medication for craziness. I have been saying that for years but I am REALLY serious this time. I totally know what you mean about not being yourself. Sometimes I hear myself saying something mean and go where did that come from, why am I saying it, and why can't I stop! I am so sick of that feeling...Ugh! Don't worry though Melissa I am sure your bad days are still angelic compared to mine! I am a pro at it now...
And as for your growing belly-it is time to show us an update of your cute baby bump! You are too cute pregnant!

Rebecca said...

Yes, I too, am suffering. At 25 weeks pregnant I am ready for this to be week 38. I find myself in bad moods all the time (especially at the ward party) and by bedtime everynight I am ready to pull my hair out. This baby better appreciate me!

Unknown said...

I have the same symptoms but thankfully people aren't telling me how big I am getting since I'm not pregnant, although I have that symptom too, lol. I blame stress and could really use a cruise about now. ;)

MANDY said...

I've been like that ever since Mal turned one, so at least you have hormones to blame, right? :) Give yourself a breat, realize that you can only do so much, and enjoy that baby belly which is NOT big. Do you remember how huge I was???? Being 5'2" I looked like a Christmas bulb. You're gorgeous!!! (I'd want to take out those dogs, too.)

Blog Archive