Sunday, March 08, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

Luxurious dressing area+
a beautiful lap pool +
The most amazing showers ever +
massage tables +

a huge hot tub +
an amazing steam and sauna room +
one of my best friends of all time = A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!!!!!!!!!
This last week was such a blast! I went to Vegas to spend some time with one of my very best friends...oh...and she also just happens to be my sister-in-law. :) Amber and I spent a lot of time scrapbooking, shopping, laughing, eating, and scrappin' some more. It was so much fun to spend time with her and her little family. She has a wonderful husband and two adorable little girls, Brooklynn who is 4 and Callie Clairisa who is 5 months. I have this quote in my house that says, "God knew that I loved you so much that he made you my sister." That is how I feel about Amber. I feel so blessed to have her as my sister and friend. I admire her in so many ways. She is one of the most loyal people that I know and she cares so much about her family and friends. In fact, I think that she feeds and takes care of almost everyone in Las Vegas. Not only that, but she is an incredible mother!!! I could seriously go on and on about all of the things that I learned from her example. Anyways, she told me when I got there that she had a suprise planned for Wednesday night. It was a trip to Red Rock Spa. It was the best 5 hours EVER! Here are some more pictures...
So I was just playing around , but the atmosphere was seriously SO relaxing...the music, the decorations...everything.

What we did while waiting for our massage.

We took all of these pics afterwards (we were actually not fully dressed while doing all of these things) :). When we first got there we got changed into work out clothes and ran 3 miles on the treadmills. Then we changed into our swimming suits and swam some laps in the pool. After we froze to death, we went inside and hung out in the spa. After we showered we went over to the massage area and waited for our massages. Then we went to the steam room and the sauna. Then we topped the night off at Olive Garden. One of our favorite restaurants ever. It was such a fun day!!

11 comments:

Stefi Patterson said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun! I so wish I could have been there too! I'm so sad I missed ya. I can't wait to hear more about it.

Tricia said...

What a great time! I'm so glad you had the opportunity to be together.

Crystal said...

Sounds like SOOOOO much fun! That is awesome that you could get away on a little vacation!

janae said...

Your trip looks like it was awesome. How fun to have some girl only time.---janae

MANDY said...

I've been thinking about you...hoping you were having a wonderful getaway. I'm very glad for you and Amber - what a fun and relaxing time!

Amber said...

ok, that seriously brought happy tears to my eyes looking at the pics, laughing at how silly we were, and remembering all the laughs. thanks again for coming!! I loved every minute of it. I'm with you 12 months and counting. That seriously made me laugh when you posted that.

I need to get those pics from you, I don't have any. :(

Amber said...

ps i'm trying not to be offended that stef posts on your blog and not mine. lol, kind of

Stefi Patterson said...

HEY!!! I just got invited to your blog and every time I have checked it, its still been the valentines stuff!!!!

InkMom said...

You probably didn't notice that you and your girls are doing exactly the same thing in the picture of you at the top and the one of them that's right next to it. So cute.

The Rowans said...

To be truly happy, time and love require the same thing; someone to share it with. I am so glad you and Amber were able to share them both with each other. Nothing like taking you back to high school years, right?
Love Mom by the beach, oh, did I mention we were there yesterday, the beach that is:)

Lindsey said...

How fun!! Seeing you guys together brings back so many happy high school memories. I am glad you were able to have such a fun trip!

Blog Archive