Friday, March 13, 2009

Sisters

My sister, Andrea, flew in yesterday. We have been having so much fun! I seriously feel like I am being so spoiled this month because I have been able to spend so much time with two of my sisters. Although, it is going to be really disappointing when it is over next week. I could really get used to having a sister around to laugh and hang out with 24/7. There is just something about sisterhood. The bond between sisters (and that definitely includes sister-in-laws) is such a strong one and one that I could not live without. As I have been spending so much time with each of them, I have realized how much I have to learn from them and how much better I need to be. Each of them, and all of my other sisters and sisters-in-law, are so amazing in their own unique ways. I feel so blessed to have them in my life as my best friends and role models.

Cory and I always tell our girls that their sister should and will always be their best friend. I hope and pray that someday they will be able to feel the way that I feel about my sisters. How grateful I am for a Heavenly Father who knew how important it would be for me to have such strong and loving sisters. Sisters who have been there for me during some of the hardest times of my life. Who love you enough to tell you when you're wrong and love you anyways. Who constantly reach out to you with support and encouragement, and who make you want to reach higher and be a little better. Thanks to each of you...Andrea, Katie, Amber, Stefani, Brittney, and Becca.....I love you all!!

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Couldn't help but think of this song by the Andrew Sisters!
Sisters, sisters
There were never such devoted sisters,
Never had to have a chaperone, no sir,
Im there to keep my eye on her
Caring, sharing
Every little thing that we are wearing
When a certain gentleman arrived from rome
She wore the dress, and I stayed home
All kinds of weather, we stick together
The same in the rain and sun
Two different faces, but in tight places
We think and we act as one
Those whove seen us
Know that not a thing could come between us
Many men have tried to split us up, but no one can
Lord help the mister who comes between me and my sister
And lord help the sister, who comes between me and my man
Love Mom by the beach

Tricia said...

That's a cool song, S. I'm so glad you have such great sister-friends!! Better yet, that you have so much fun together as adults. The Wolfe-man told me today about your change in venue. I'm so excited for you all. Tell Cory congrats!

Amber said...

you are too sweet. i love you and admire you so much. I've definitely been going through withdrawals.

All Fun Family said...

I love you too! I'm so jealous you and Andrea got to see each other, but I'm way excited to see you both this summer!

Blog Archive