Sunday, October 14, 2007

Sigh of relief...

Wow. This last week was so crazy. I had to create cards for an Enrichment activity, plan for and be in charge of a primary teacher development meeting on Saturday, have a primary meeting, plan for the Personal Progress activity this month, take care of sick kids, pretend that I am not sick (even though I feel pretty bad), support a friend in need, and go to a birthday party. I am just so glad that I had general conference the prior weekend to boost me up.

I loved Conference so much!! It is amazing how every talk seemed to be just what I needed to hear. I have been carrying around my conference journal all week so that in any spare moment I have, I go back to my notes and re-read what I wrote. Sister Beck's talk and President Eyring's talk were my very favorites. I have so many areas in which I want to do better, and I know that with the Lord by my side, I can and will be better than I ever could on my own. I feel such an overwhelming sense of gratitude for the gospel in my life and I feel so incredibly blessed to have been raised in a home where I was taught who I am and what the purpose of this life is. Really, it all comes down to the fact that I had (and still have) a mother who knew...and that has made all the difference.

4 comments:

Austyn said...

ok-
1. sick because you are pregnant??
2. those were my fav talks too. but i dont think you even have room for improvement- you are the perfect mother.
3. the cards are soooo adorable!!! wish i was there to make em
4. i am working on our marathon cd! it's gonna be AWESOME!

Austyn said...

ps-- how do you get the cool layouts like that? where do you find them? etc?

Andrea said...

I'm glad you survived your week, and that everyone is feeling better!

Amber said...

it's so true. conference was amazing. i like your new blog layout. did you figure it out or did you have your sis do it?? i need to take the time to learn how to do the digital scrapbooking thing.

Blog Archive