Friday, October 05, 2007

Just call me..."Martha Stewart"...


I finally fulfilled Katelund's wish...I made curtains for her room. It was so much fun. It was really only my second time to sew curtains. The first set I made was for the Primary room, but they were very easy to make. These ones were a little more difficult (well at least for me). I cannot believe how much I love to sew, especially after I finish a project. I really am not very good at it, but I want to be. I guess I should learn how to read patterns instead of trying to figure everything out myself.

After I hung the curtains up, Katelund said to me, "Mommy I love my new curtains. You are the best mommy ever." How sweet is that! I know I'm not the best mom ever, but at least in my daughter's eyes I am...and that is all that matters to me.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Those are so cute! I actually made some curtains for my laundry room and didnt use a pattern and it looks terrible! I literally just cut a big rectangle. Oh well it's only the laundry room.

Andrea said...

Oh! They turned out SO cute! Great job! What's your next project?

Melissa said...

These curtains are sooo cute! I would love to learn how to sew, and I think someday, when life isn't so crazy I will, but you did a great job,and they are adorable. Your kids are so cute too!

Amber said...

mel, I am so impressed! They are adorable. Look at you!!

Blog Archive