Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"Why I Love You..."

Last night was a crazy night. Katelund was awake more than half of the night crying because her leg, foot, knee, and/or toe were hurting her (every time she woke up in the night it was something else). I finally came out and slept with Katelund on the couch so that she wouldn't keep everyone else awake. It was really hard to stay compassionate and happy with her because I was so tired (especially by about 5 am). Each time she would wake up, I would put ice on whatever hurt and then I would put on some pain/muscle ache reliever cream. This morning, Katelund came and gave me a big hug in the bathroom and said, "Mommy, I love you." Then she said, "Do you know why I love you?" " Because you take care of me." All of the sudden my long and sleepless night became memorable and important. Moments such as that, make it all worth it!!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

That is SO sweet. I hope last night was better

Nicole said...

I can so relate. How sweet of Katelund to appreciate you by telling you. Next time it will be a little easier.

Blog Archive