Friday, August 10, 2007

All About Katelund...







Today is Katelund's 4th birthday. I decided to make it a day all about her and do everything that she wants to do. We started the day off with a traditional pancake breakfast and then we read about 20 books, played the Blue's Clues board game, played in the bathtub, colored, made a get well card for Katelund's neighbor friend, had a picnic, painted fingernails, put on make-up, watched Little Mermaid, and now we are about to make her a "Strawberry Shortcake" birthday cake for her party tonight. We are going to have a family party filled with pizza and all sorts of fun games like hot/cold (with her presents), hide and seek in the dark, etc... It has been a great day so far.

This morning Katelund said our family prayer. In her prayer she said, "please bless Cloey that she will be nice to me because it is my birthday." It was so hilarious! I can't believe she is already 4!!! Time goes so quickly. I am so glad Katelund is a part of my life. She is such a wonderful daughter. She teaches me everyday how to be more loving, forgiving, patient, and kind to others. I think my daughters teach me more than I will ever teach them. I love you Katelund!!! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

What a fun day! Happy birthday, Katelund! We love you!

Love,
Aunt Andrea, Uncle Ryan, Abby and Ethan

Amber said...

Sounds like ya'll had a blast. You're such a good mom to make sure that she feels so special. We were thinking of her on her day here in Las Vegas!

Blog Archive