Thursday, October 16, 2014

Feeling Incomplete

I hate not running. For the last three weeks I have been trying to heal my achilles from what I believe is achilles tendonitis. I am literally going crazy. It is amazing how much running has become a part of my life and my sanity. I don't run to be the fastest runner ever, nor to be a size 2. I run because it makes me feel alive. It rejuvinates my body, mind, and spirit. It makes the thankful for the body that I have, the health I am blessed with, and the beautiful world that God created. It just makes me so happy. While I run I listen to gospel centered talks and speeches from the Mormon Channel. I couldn't run without doing this. It is the perfect way to listen, ponder, feel the spirit, and refresh my soul. It's the perfect combo. So, now that I'm "resting" (how does a mother of five children really rest anyways?!), I'm feeling so.....so unfulfilled. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mother and homemaker, but I have learned that in order to be my best self. I need that hour or two of time in the morning to go run....by myself. :) I have tried to have running buddies, which I really do love but after a couple of days of this, I find myself trying to figure out times that I can get a second daily run in so that I can do it by myself and with my earphones in. I am supposed to "stay off my foot" for the rest of this week and then next week I will try to begin running again. Next Saturday is the half-marathon that I have trained SO hard for! I definitely over-trained and over-did it in an attempt to be super prepared and beat my last half marathon time of 1:58. Now, I will most likely not beat that time, but I don't even care. At this point, all I care about is running again, even if I'm slow or out of breath. I guess time will tell. Meanwhile, I will just continue to "rest" today as I finish my reorganization and decluttering project in the girls' bedrooms.

No comments:

Blog Archive