Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Almost a year ago, we moved to Texas. We left behind one of the best wards we have ever lived in and some of my most favorite people in the whole world. It was a really hard move. It has taken me quite awhile to love Texas again (I grew up here). But, the love is starting to come back. This last weekend we went back to Chattanooga for Cory to finish up some dental work (our dentist was in our ward and he is TOTALLY worth driving 12 hours to go back to, especially for a great excuse to see friends). We stayed with the Griner family so that I could spend as much time with Jenae as I possibly could. :) She is 34 weeks pregnant and yet still let our family of six stay at her home. We had such a great time!!! There were SO MANY people that I wanted to see while I was there, but there is just not enough time in a day (especially while sharing a car and working around nap time) to visit everyone. There were some people that I was really hoping to see but didn't get a chance to. I guess we'll just have to make some more trips out there. :) As we were driving home, I sat and reminisced in my head about all the people that touched my life in some way while we lived there. I grew so much as a person and was taught so many important and invaluable lessons. I have loved everywhere that I have lived, but Chattanooga will always and forever have a special place in my heart. The pictures above were actually taken a year ago. Right before we moved to Texas, our friends put together a good-bye party for our family. I can't believe that I've never posted any of the pictures from it. So here they are now. The people that I miss terribly each and every day.

No comments:

Blog Archive