Friday, January 04, 2013

Santa Run

In the month of October, I taught lesson after lesson to my laurels about taking care of their physical bodies. So, I decided to take it a step farther. I asked them if any of them would be interested in training and running a 5k (none of them had ever ran one before). They were all really excited about it and committed to it right away. For our next class activity, we officially started the "Couch Potato to 5k" training program. For the next six weeks, the girls trained on their own. The morning of the race, we all met at 6 am and carpooled over. One of the girls had trained with her dad, so he ran the race with us, and another girl had her mom and sister run as well. It was such a great experience. We had SO MUCH FUN!!! I was so proud of all the girls! Everyone finished the race and had a blast doing it. Goal accomplished. :)

1 comment:

Melanie Anne said...

how totally cute!! Love it:)

Blog Archive