Friday, January 04, 2013

Trying to Capture a Perfect Sunset

Last week, I went on a youth temple trip. As we were driving in downtown Dallas, I could hardly keep my eyes on the road because of the sunset that I desperately tried to capture in the photo above. It was seriously amazing and the picture doesn't even do it justice. I am SO grateful for the gift of sight. I can't imagine living my life without experiencing the majesty and beauty of a perfect sunset. But, then as the sun set my eyes were not disappointed as I was able to witness one of the most beautiful sights ever...worthy strong youth performing baptismal ordinances. Free from the fashions of the world and the make-up on their faces, once more, I was able to see the purity, radiance, and joy that is captured on their countenances as they step out of a baptismal font. Wet, pure, and dressed simply in white...they never look more beautiful as they do in that moment. Amazingly, even more beautiful than a perfect sunset.

No comments:

Blog Archive