Sunday, June 10, 2012

We miss Ethan!!

This last week was so fun because we actually got to have a little boy in our family. My nephew, Ethan, came to stay the week with us while my sister went to girl's camp. This was also the girls first week of summer vacation so we had a lot of fun!! But, first of all we started out with our summer essentials for family night...which include D.E.A.R (drop everything and read) time each day after lunch and SOS (scriptures over screen time). It was SO cute to see the girls and Ethan cuddled up together on the couch each morning reading their scriptures together. I am SO sad that I didn't get a picture of it. I actually wish I would've taken way more pictures than I did. Here's a little recap of all that we did....bike rides, morning run, fun at the park, swimming, jumping on the trampoline (even in the rain), rainy day party (which included glow in the dark sticks, bracelets, and balloons), washing the van, play dough version of Chopped (the kids came up with this one and I LOVED it!!! I REALLY wish I would've taken pictures of all their creations....they were INCREDIBLE!), trip to Hobby Lobby to buy whatever craft stuff they wanted, McDonalds lunch, the Hill family staying with us for a night on their way to Utah, library summer fun day (which included face painting, a clown, balloons, petting zoo, and sitting inside a fire truck), movies and popcorn, polly pockets (Ethan was such a good sport), and pretend play. They all got along so well. One of the only times that Ethan and Cloey got in an argument was at the grocery store. I told them to stop arguing and that they had to walk with their arms around each other for the next two aisles and the next time they argued they would have to walk that way for the rest of the time in the grocery store. It worked like a charm and we all got a big kick out of it. It was quite embarrassing to Ethan but I'm pretty sure Cloey was loving it. Other than that one time, Cloey and Ethan were inseperable. It was so cute! It was a really fun week and we are all in withdrawls now that Ethan is back home.

No comments:

Blog Archive