Friday, June 22, 2012

NEVER leave the marked trail!

I went on a bike ride this last Saturday. Near the end of my ride, I rode pass a sign that said, "Nature Preserve Trail". I was so excited thinking that I'd just found an awesome new addition to my route. It wasn't very far down the trail that I started seeing the following signs...
Yep, I was TOTALLY freaking out!!! I was SO afraid to get off my bike to turn around and there was NO WAY I was going to turn around on my bike and risk going off the trail. So I got off and turned it around as quickly as possible!! Then I high-tailed it out of there to NEVER return again!! Although, I did have to slow down to take some pictures of the signs so I could tell Cory and the girls all about it. But I'm still kindof freaking out that a place like that is only about 5 miles from my house.

3 comments:

Staceroo said...

Where's the commentary on the symbolism of staying on the Straight and Narrow Path in our lives?!? Glad you are safe.

Melissa said...

So funny you say that!!! I am speaking in a fireside tomorrow night and you know I am totally using it for that. I thought about putting my commentary on it but then I thought maybe people get sick of hearing about all my symbolism. lol! You know me well Stacey! :)

Staceroo said...

I would never be sick of your symbolism. One of the things I love about your blog is how you can see the eternal in the everyday things of life. You "look beyond the moment to see eternity" so to say. It is always refreshing and a good reminder to me to do the same. Keep it up!

Blog Archive