Wednesday, March 21, 2012

What I'm Thinking about Today

So, here's what's on my mind (in no particular order of importance)

*I have seriously got to start eating more vegetables. I've thought about giving up sugar all together, but what's the fun in that??!! No fun at all. So instead, I think I'll just add more veggies into my life. So right now, I'm snacking on sugar snap peas. YUMMY! Almost as good as dark chocolate m&ms.

*As excited as I am about moving near family (especially my sisters), I am going to miss Chattanooga TERRIBLY!!!! We have seriously LOVED it here. If only I could bring all my friends with me to Texas, then I'd be super happy. Also, I'm really going to miss the beauty of the Appalachian Mountains. I love Texas but about the only thing beautiful are the bluebonnets on the hills for a couple of weeks in the spring. I'm trying to think of all the positives and be happy and excited, but then there are moments (many moments today) that I just want to sit and cry.

*We had our first garage sale on Saturday. We did okay. Not great but it could've been worse. I took a HUGE car load of clothes and toys to the Goodwill drop-off this morning. It felt so great to get all that stuff out of our home. I'm thinking that this could be just as addicting as finding really sweet deals at the thrift store. There is just such a great feeling that comes from cleaning out and getting rid of clutter and all that extra stuff!

*This morning I am going to our weekly workout in the gym at the church. My friend, Whitney teaches it and she is going to do a special Hunger Games workout today. Sounds fun, right!?! Afterwards, we are all going to one of my favorite pizza places to have a goodbye luncheon. I am going to SERIOUSLY miss these girls. I am crying right now just thinking about it. Tomorrow I am going to run 20 miles (I'm a little bit nervous about running on my ankle because it has been giving me fits ever since I ran my 19 miles run). Then tomorrow night I am going to my last girls night out that will include dinner and a midnight showing of The Hunger Games. I'm so excited!!

*Friday morning at 5:30 am, Cory and I will head out to the airport to go find a home in Texas. We'll be gone for the whole weekend and we are only taking Makayla with us. Holy cow has it been a chore to figure out a schedule for my other three girls. They will be staying with friends and they couldn't be more excited.

*Next Wednesday, the moving company will start the packing. I am SO VERY GRATEFUL for the fact that I don't have to pack, but there is still lots of work to be done so I'm just trying to enjoy the rest of my time here before all the craziness begins.

*Which brings me to the last item on this list...I have SO MUCH TO DO!!! My to do list is reaching its limit and I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

*Yesterday I bought my airline ticket to fly from Dallas to Nashville for the marathon. By the time this thing is all over and done with, I will have spent around $500. Pretty crazy right? Yes it is, but I am SO EXCITED and really I know that the experience will be priceless.



*

1 comment:

Andrea said...

1. Sugar snap peas are delicious. But don't EVEN try to compare them to chocolate. That's just not right.

2. Really? The only thing beautiful about Texas are the bluebonnets? Really... :) I mean I know we don't have mountains - but there are still beautiful parts!

3. There is just nothing like that feeling that comes from cleaning out and organizing. Love it.

4. I want to hear about the Hunger Games workout! Were you climbing trees, shooting arrows, running from fireballs?

5. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU TOMORROW!

6. How's that to do list coming? ;)

Blog Archive