Thursday, November 12, 2009

Perspective

My husband has been out of town for basically 8 days (for business). In the last 6 days I have had both vehicles die on me. The one started back up yesterday (which I was so grateful for b/c I didn't know how to get Katelund to school). But, this morning it wouldn't start once again. So now I have two vehicles in my garage that are absolutely useless. I won't bore you with all of the details of my attempts to get to the places I've needed to go and my many attempts to jump, trickle charge, and clean off battery corrosion. I won't even go into the details of the many times I have laughed, cried, and wondered what the chances are of both cars having problems (the van has never had a problem before...except for some aesthetic issues from my collision with a cat/dog/fox/bear...not sure which one it was) when Cory is out of town. Instead, I will just say how grateful I am that I have legs to walk, good friends who are willing to drop everything and help, a husband who does everything he can do from 100's of miles away, a Father in heaven who hears and answers prayers, and for two beautiful, sweet, healthy children.

This week I also learned that one of my friends from Texas has a little 7 year old boy in the hospital with what started as the swine flu and has now turned into meningitis. I also found out that one of my friends from Asheville has a 2 year old daughter who has officially been diagnosed with cancer and her chemotherapy will begin within the next couple of weeks. All of the sudden my lack of transportation is no longer a problem....maybe an inconvenience, but that's it. It's amazing what a little perspective does.

Both of these children come from wonderful families who have a lot of support. But, still I know that miracles can happen when people come together in prayer and faith. I know that the collective prayers of many friends and family brought so much comfort and strength to our family. Although it may seem like a miracle did not occur, I know differently. I was able to see the Lord's tender mercies in some of the most miraculous ways. I also was given strength beyond my own at times when I felt that I could not go on.

Please pray with me for Warren and Audrey.

{ETA.....Both vehicles are up and running now. They both needed a new battery. Seriously...what are the chances of both batteries dying within days of each other.
New batteries.....$200. Cory home....priceless!!!}

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry you had to deal with that, especially with Cory gone. But I definitely understand what you're saying about perspective. (Although in the moment things can seem like a bigger deal.)
I'll be praying for Warren and Audrey. (Is that Julie's little girl?)

Anonymous said...

No she is the Beadles little that is in the asheville ward... It is very sad and I will pray for Warren too I'm already praying for Audrey.... It really makes me sad about her she is in nursery and I see her every sunday... She is so adorable

Amber said...

Such a true post. Working in the Relief Society has brought such a greater perspective in my life. I hope that you get your cars up & running, soon!! Love ya!

MANDY said...

Perspective is elusive sometimes, isn't it? Until someone else's situation reminds you. Healthy children are a blessing we can never take for granted. Love ya! Sorry about the cars...what a crazy coincidence to have both cars down. Good luck with that.

Blog Archive