Sunday, August 09, 2009

Getting Down and Dirty






Do you ever have those days when you realize that things just have to change? This happened to me the other day. I have spent so much time over the last couple of weeks doing a lot of things that I wanted/needed to do, which meant that my children have basically been entertaining themselves. I don't think there is anything wrong with that...I think it is important for children to use their imagination and self-entertain, but on the other hand, I also think it is important as a mother to stop the day to day routines periodically and just be one of the kids. There are times in my life were I am really good at doing that and then there are other times (like the last couple of weeks) where I am not. So....I got down and dirty.....and had SO MUCH FUN doing it!! It is amazing how easy it is to make children happy. All of the clean up afterwards was so worth the smile and excitement on their faces when they saw me come out the backdoor in my swimming suit and ready for a mud ball fight.

9 comments:

All Fun Family said...

That looks like a lot of fun! We had a mud fight one year at girls' camp, and it was probably one of the most fun things I've ever done!
I love those pictures of the girls covered in mud.

Kim said...

Looks like fun! We miss you guys!!

Anonymous said...

That must've been a nice mudd bath I heard those are really good...LOL

Rebecca said...

You're so awesome!

Deana said...

That is great! Looks like great fun. I did not want my kids to see this to get any ideas.Ha HA! I will do something else fun with them.

Lindsey said...

You are such a fun mom!

MANDY said...

What a great idea! I feel exactly the same way you do....the busyness, the independent time for the kids, and then the need to just stop and interact. We're so lucky to have the time to do it all, aren't we? :)

Staceroo said...

You are a great mom! Your kids will always remember times like these.

Carrie said...

Hey Melissa! I love this post! I swear I am going to call you back! I was so bummed to see I missed your call and have been crazy busy ever since! That is a horrible excuse I know! I miss you and I will call you soon. I miss you blogging! Where are you?? :)

Blog Archive