Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Can you say MULLET?





The dreaded day has come....Katelund cut her hair. Last night, Cory and I took the girls to the church because I had choir practice and Cory wanted to practice the piano. Cory took the girls with him to the YW's room while he played. Apparently, there was a basket of scissors in the corner of the room. So Katelund started chopping. When I went into the room after choir practice, I couldn't believe my eyes!!! After a dramatic gasp and a look of horror, I walked back out of the room so that Katelund wouldn't see the tears that were welling up in my eyes.

Once we got home and the shock had worn off, I realized that it was time to give her some comfort, love, and reassurance. I don't think that she'd realized what she had done because once I told her that we were going to have to cut the back, she broke down in tears. I took her to the mirror to show her what she'd done so that she would understand why we needed to cut it. As she looked in the mirror, she immediately threw herself at me as she cried her little heart out. I continued to comfort her but she was still so upset. She went over to the edge of the couch and just had the saddest look on her face as the reality of what she'd done set in. Cory told her to come over and sit with him. He then looked in her eyes and told her how beautiful she still was and that her hair would look so pretty short and that over time it would grow back out. I think she just needed to hear her Daddy tell her that she was still pretty because after he told her, she calmed down curled up on his lap and then asked him if he would brush her hair. It was so tender and sweet.

We have an appointment to get the rest of it cut tomorrow, but as for today....can you say mullet?

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I can't wait to see the adorable haircut that she is going to end up with! From the pictures, it looks easily fixable. And, like I already told you, I LOVE that it happened on Cory's watch! He, he!

All Fun Family said...

aww, poor Katelund! That's so sad! Good thing hair just grows back. Don't forget to post pictures of her haircut!!

Blog Archive