Tuesday, March 06, 2007




At about 4 am this morning, Cory and I woke up to Katelund and Cloey in their room fighting. They were both crying back and forth at the top of their lungs, "Mommy"..."My Mommy"...My Mommy"... It was hilarious! I went into their room to settle them down and they both reached their arms out to me with little tears falling down their cheeks. My heart melted. I told them to both come into bed with Cory and I. Cloey snuggled right up with Cory and Katelund cuddled up to me. It was really sweet. All I can say is that it's a good thing that we have a king-size bed because both of our girls end up sleeping horizontally. They take up more of our bed than we do.

Last night we had Beth and the missionaries over for dinner and a discussion. It went really well. The missionaries had asked me beforehand if I'd like to teach part of the discussion. I was so excited and nervous. It was a lot of fun. I cannot wait to go on a mission someday with Cory!!! Since that will not happen for awhile, I just have to look and pray for missionary opportunities each day.

I found out what they want me to specifically talk about at stake conference. My topic is..."Characteristics of Zion are beauty and holiness of Spirit. Talk about how a forgiving heart fosters these characteristics within us." It is a good thing that I didn't already start my talk because I was not expecting to talk about forgiveness based upon what they had originally told me. When I was talking to Sherrie the other day, she read me an awesome quote that she had just read in her seminary manual. Elder Marion D. Hanks said, "The ultimate form of love for God and men is forgiveness." I think that I will begin preparing today after I go visiting teaching. I am so nervous about giving this talk, especially after the letter I received in the mail from the stake presidency. It is a letter that states guidelines for giving talks in stake conference. It has a whole list of ways to prepare and then near the bottom it says..."Remember- if you give a ten minute talk to 100 people, you are using over sixteen hours of the members' time to worship the Lord. Be responsible with that time. " No pressure right??

I have been teaching Pilates the last two Mondays at the church for an enrichment class. Yesterday I had us do a whole bunch of push-ups and today I am SOOOO SORE!!! I can hardly move my shoulders and arms around. At the end of the class, Lauren (a cute 20 yr. old that comes) told me that she had never been taught how to line dance so I decided that she needed to learn one. I turned the music to country and we line danced for the last 15 minutes. It was SO MUCH FUN!!! It brought back a lot of memories from stake and college dances. There is just something so liberating to me about dancing. I cannot wait to take ballet classes someday!!

No comments:

Blog Archive