Tuesday, December 05, 2017

scripture journal

12-3-17 Alma 22 is all about Lamoni’s father’s conversion. In his words, I found a 4 step process to true conversion and discipleship...
1. “I will believe” (vs 7 & 11) first step is always choosing to believe and have faith.
2. “What shall I do?” (vs 15) true faith is always followed by action (and humility is a must)
3. “I will give up all...that I may receive this joy” sacrifice and 
repentance
4. “I will give away all my sins to know thee” this leads to baptism and a remission of sins. 

12-4-17 Alma 27:27 And they were also distinguished for their zeal towards God, and also towards men; for they were perfectly honest and upright in all things; and they were firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.
Wow! These are words to live by!!! I can’t think of a better compliment than the description in this verse of the people of Ammon. I want it to one day be said of me.... “she was distinguished for her zeal towards God, and also towards men; for she was perfectly honest and upright in all things; and she was firm in the faith of Christ, even unto the end.” #headstonegoals 😂

12-5-17 Alma 30 is all about Korihor. This chapter alone is such a witness that the BofM was written for us. The teachings of Korihor run rampant in our day!! I love studying this chapter. But my fav part is verse 20 bc it tells us that of all the Nephites who fell captive to Korihor’s teachings, the people of Ammon did not...”behold they were more wise than many of the Nephites...”
Why were they more wise? We learn previously that they were strict in obedience to the commandments and they firmly kept their covenants. On Sunday, during a testimony, a Sister was talking about how as mothers we are given power as we keep our covenants. KK (who I didn’t even think was listening) whispered in my ear, “mom, do you keep your covenants?”. I responded, “yes” and she said “oh good”. It was so cute!!! How grateful I am that I can say yes. Covenant keeping will protect us from being deceived.

No comments:

Blog Archive